How to make fake blood:
Whether Halloween or Carnival is approaching or if you plan to recreate a terrifying look and want to learn how to make homemade fake blood, in the following Howorwhat.com article we offer you some easy tricks with which you can achieve the desired effect without having to buy expensive products or that stain.
You will only need some homemade ingredients that you surely already have in your kitchen and pay attention to the following instructions. Take note, because we explain how to make fake blood with 8 easy methods.
Make Fake Blood With These Methods
How to make fake blood with honey
Making homemade and edible artificial blood is very simple with honey. Also, with this recipe you can create a most credible disguise, since being toxic-free fake blood you can eat it without problems. We explain step by step how to make edible artificial blood:
- Start by pouring the honey into a medium jar until it is half full.
- Being a very dense food, we advise you to add a tablespoon and a half of water.
- Stir well to mix both ingredients.
- Then add red food coloring to the mixture. It has to be a strong red, close to garnet.
- Mix all the ingredients well and, if you can, add a splash of green food coloring to give the blood a more realistic color.
- If you want, you can add a splash of strawberry syrup to the mixture to give the honey an even more delicious flavor.
Read Also: How to be naturally pretty without makeup?
How to make fake blood with sugar
If you don’t have honey at home or don’t like the taste of honey, don’t worry, you also have the option of making realistic fake blood with water, sugar, and food coloring. Take note:
- Put a glass of water and two glasses of sugar in a saucepan (there should always be twice as much water). Let it cook over very low heat to prevent the sugar from falling apart too much and turning into caramel. Don’t stop stirring the sugar with a few rods.
- When the water starts to boil, count two minutes, and remove it from the heat to achieve the desired fake blood texture. A good trick is to take small tablespoons of the mixture from the heat and let them cool to observe its texture until it is adequate: similar to a thick syrup. At that moment you can stop the fire.
- Then, put the mixture in the fridge and let it cool for about 1 hour.
- After this time, add the edible coloring (previously mixed with red and small touches of blue) and mix everything well. You will have your fake blood ready!
How to make fake blood with ketchup
Wondering how to make fake blood without dyes? In this case, ketchup can be a great ally, as it will allow you to make washable and quick to make fake blood. However, the ketchup alone will not be very realistic, so you will need cocoa powder and beets as well.
- Crush the beet and add a little water to mix it with its juice.
- Remove half a glass of this mixture, and then add half a tablespoon of cocoa powder.
- Mix all the ingredients well and, little by little, add a splash of ketchup.
- Go mixing and, if you think necessary, add a little more cocoa or ketchup until you achieve the right color.
Remember that if you are wondering how to make fake blood that does not stain, this option is one of the best, since you can remove it from your skin and clothing with a simple mixture of soap and water.
How to make fake blood with corn syrup
Another great idea if you are wondering how to make fake blood is this since it will allow you to prepare a very professional and realistic recipe with only two ingredients. You will not find a simpler recipe, so prepare your corn syrup, red food coloring, and follow these instructions:
- Add a quarter cup of corn syrup to a bowl.
- Then add a few drops of red food coloring.
- Mix well until the corn syrup is tinted blood red.
- If the color is too light and unrealistic to you, add a drop of blue food coloring (or whatever you need) to darken the hue.
If you want to learn how to make edible blood for children, this option is perfect, because with only two ingredients you can make a good costume without worrying about the safety of your little one. Also, if you want, you can add a few drops of vanilla essence to give the mixture a better flavor.
How to make fake blood with coffee
If you want more options to learn how to make artificial blood, this idea is easy to prepare and is made with coffee. You will only need a tablespoon of this ingredient, water, flour, and red food coloring. Follow these steps:
- Dissolve a tablespoon of coffee in a little water and reserve the mixture for later.
- Next, boil a cup of water, and once it starts to boil, add a cup of flour. Mix both ingredients until you create a smooth paste.
- Once you have the mixture ready, add the red food coloring slowly until you get the desired color.
- Stir all the ingredients and let them simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Remove the mixture from the heat and add the coffee that you had reserved little by little until the blood acquires that more realistic dark color.
How to make fake blood with lipstick
If you don’t want to make edible blood and are in a hurry, there is nothing easier and faster than making fake blood with liquid lipstick. This trick is especially good for a zombie or vampire costume since you can draw the blood around the mouth very easily.
You only have to mix the liquid ink of the red lipstick with a few drops of chocolate syrup to darken the tone and make the blood more realistic. If the texture is very solid, add a few drops of water little by little. If you only have stick lipsticks, you can also use them by cutting out a piece of the lipstick with a knife and mixing it well with a few drops of water until you get a liquid texture. Done, you know how to make fake blood without dyes quickly!
How to make fake blood with strawberries
Ketchup and lipstick are good examples of how to make fake blood without dyes, however, below we offer you another step by step based on natural ingredients that will not require chemicals either. You will only need strawberry syrup, liquid chocolate, 4 or 5 strawberries, and hot water:
- Mash the strawberries with a blender and check that the seeds are well crushed.
- Once ready, add the hot water and stir to mix the ingredients.
- Then add the strawberry syrup and a little liquid chocolate and mix so that all the ingredients are integrated.
- The chocolate will darken the red color of the strawberries to make the fake blood appear more real.
- Before using it, let the mixture cool down. If you think this is too runny, add a little more syrup to thicken it.
Ready! With this simple trick, you can prepare your fake blood without dyes in just a few minutes.
How to make fake blood with gel
If you don’t want to waste food but have a little clear gel or clear shampoo on hand, then we will explain how to make fake blood with this product and a little red and blue food coloring.
- Pour a couple of tablespoons of clear gel into a container and add 3-4 drops of red food coloring.
- Mix both ingredients and check that the color is realistic.
- If you think it is too red and light, add a drop of blue food coloring and mix again.
- Add the drops of blue coloring you need until you get a realistic hue.
This option gives the blood an ideal slimy texture and can be ready in a matter of minutes, so if you are in a hurry, the gel can be your best ally.