How to make crispy chicken strips like KFC’s:
Meet our KFC Kentucky Fried Chicken Strips. Very easy and quick recipe to prepare which results in a chicken that is extra crunchy on the outside and well done and juicy on the inside.
KFC, also known as Kentucky Fried Chicken, is a chain of American fast-food restaurants specializing in fried chicken. Who has tried KFC-style chicken and has not been crazy about its taste? And we do not mean only the little ones, but it is also a delight for the older ones. Therefore, today we present you some very simple and popular recipes for crispy chicken strips that may not be the same as KFC chicken, but they are delicious. We recommend you to read out another article which is about How to make a quinoa lentil salad?.
The preparation is very simple and the whole family will love it. So, without further ado, get ready to make homemade fried chicken in true KFC style. You will not be able to stop eating it!
How to Make KFC’s Juicy Fried Chicken Strips
Ingredients for 4 people:
- 1 kg of chicken breasts in fillets
- 150 g of flour in each bowl (you will need 2)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons each of these spices: black pepper, sweet paprika, hot paprika, dill, garlic powder, and onion powder
- First, mix the flour and a teaspoon of each spice in a bowl.
- When everything is well mixed, add the water and stir until you get a homogeneous mass.
- Prepare another bowl with flour and the rest of the spices and stir to bind everything well.
- Cut the breast fillets into strips and season them. Then pass them through the dough that we had prepared in the bowl where we add the water and then through the bowl where only the dry ingredients are.
- Fry with the very hot oil and voila! You have the KFC-style chicken.
Another version of the KFC chicken
Ingredients for fried chicken at home:
- 1 whole chicken, chopped
- 500 g of flour
- tablespoons sweet paprika
- 1 tablespoon cayenne powder or hot paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of these seasonings: curry, tarragon, thyme, dill, marjoram, salt, and ground black pepper
- 700 ml of water
- Mild olive oil for frying
How to make the KFC Juicy Fried Chicken:
- Once we have the chicken clean and chopped, in a large bowl you must add 300 g of flour and mix with two tablespoons of sweet paprika, half a tablespoon of cayenne powder or hot paprika, and a teaspoon of garlic powder, curry, tarragon, thyme, dill, marjoram, salt, and ground black pepper.
- With a fork, mix the spices well with the flour and add the water, beating to integrate the ingredients well until you get a thick cream.
- Put the chicken pieces in this mixture and cover it with transparent paper. Let it marinate overnight in the fridge.
- When you go to make fried chicken at home, start by making the batter. To do this, in a bowl mix the rest of the spices with the remaining 200 g of flour.
- Before coating the chicken, put a deep saucepan on the fire with plenty of light oil to fry and, when it is very hot, begin to coat the meat.
- With the help of a fork, take one of the undrained chicken pieces and transfer it directly to the bowl with the flour and spices to coat it.
- Cover the chicken with the batter and place it in the hot oil. You mustn’t drain the maceration sauce from the chicken, since it will be the mixture of this liquid with the flour from the batter that will make that thick and extra crunchy layer when frying.
- Cook the chicken KFC-style until golden brown, regulating the heat so that it cooks well inside.
- If you consider it necessary, in the end, you can bake the chicken at 200ºC for 10 minutes to make sure it is well cooked.
- Lastly, serve the fresh homemade fried chicken to keep its crispiness. You can accompany it with the sauce that you like the most, such as curry or barbecue. Enjoy your meal!
Before moving on to the next recipe, one last tip: use natural herbs and spices, because if they are dry the flavor will be quite reduced. And remember, at the time of coating it must be rough and irregular, therefore we must not drain the excess of the dressing.
A different recipe for fried chicken at home
Ingredients for 3 people:
- 2 chicken breasts, wings or thighs
- Olive oil
For the marinade:
- 6 tablespoons of flour and 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 4 tablespoons of cornstarch
- teaspoons sweet paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon onion powder, and 1/2 cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of tarragon, dill, and thyme
- Salt and pepper
For the batter:
- 3 tablespoons of flour and 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon of curry, garlic powder, dill, thyme, and sweet paprika
- 1 pinch of cayenne
- 1 teaspoon salt
How to make the KFC Juicy Fried Chicken:
- Cut the chicken breasts into thick strips.
- Mix the marinade ingredients, slowly add cold water and beat until you get a thick sauce.
- Put the chicken pieces in the marinade, cover with plastic wrap, and let rest for at least an hour.
- Mix the batter ingredients and heat the oil.
- Coat the chicken pieces well soaked in the marinade sauce on both sides.
- Fry the KFC chicken on both sides until golden brown, but be aware that the oil will get quite dirty from the marinade, so you may need to change it or add new oil halfway through the preparation. Enjoy these KFC-style chicken recipes!