How to cook eggplants: Healthy, easy and delicious recipes
There are many recipes for cooking eggplants easily and quickly. Discover how to cook eggplants, avoid bitterness, and always have them perfect.
Eggplant is a culinary product highly appreciated by different cultures. Many nations have a typical dish made from eggplants.
Eggplants are very tasty and nutritious vegetables, as well as versatile, which you can use in many quick and easy recipes. However, many people continue to wonder how to prepare eggplants so that they are rich and tasty. Roasted, fried, baked, stuffed… The recipes with eggplants are so many that they will surprise you.
The most common variety in the United States is purple eggplants, with smooth and shiny skin. When you go to buy them they have to be hard and tight, otherwise, they will be very ripe and their taste will be too bitter. And now, we are going to cook these delicious recipes with eggplants.
How to cook eggplants
Whatever recipe you make, there is a very important previous step that you must do: cover the eggplants with salt for 20 minutes and then rinse them with plenty of cold water. All these quick and easy recipes can be made with any type of eggplant, so take note, let’s get started!
Baked eggplants are an excellent way to eat this vegetable, it is also one of the simplest and fastest recipes with eggplants to prepare. You only need the following ingredients:
- 2 large eggplants
- Olive oil
- Finely chopped onion
- Chopped parsley
- White vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- After washing the eggplants, cut them into slices of about 1 cm. To remove the bitter taste, rub slices against each other for a few seconds. Then brush each slice of eggplant with olive oil and put them on the oven rack until golden brown.
- Next, change the slices to a source and add the onion, parsley, vinegar, salt, and pepper, mix everything well and let it rest so that the flavors combine. The eggplants oven is a healthy and practical option that will appeal to all your guests.
This is one of the recipes with eggplants in which you can take advantage of some rest of the food from the previous day, or ingredients that you have at home, to give them a new and different flavor. The good thing is that they can be filled with almost any food: vegetables, minced meat, rice, legumes, chicken curry … This is because the flavor of eggplants combines very well with any filling.
Before filling them, split each one lengthwise and pierce them with a fork. Sprinkle them with salt and let them rest for half an hour, rinse them with cold water, and put the eggplants in the oven at 200 ° C.
After about 20 minutes, make sure the eggplants are tender and proceed to remove the inner meat to fill them. You can also include the meat of the eggplant itself in the filling, along with the rest of the ingredients, and return the eggplants to the oven until they are golden brown.
- 1 or 2 eggplants, depending on size, diced
- 6 beaten eggs
- Chopped fresh basil
- Olive oil, pepper, and salt.
- In a frying pan, put the oil to heat and, when it is very hot, add the diced eggplant and season with salt and pepper. You should cook it until the eggplant is somewhat soft.
- Once done, add the beaten eggs and basil. Gently mix all the ingredients and let it set on one side before turning it over as if it were an omelet. When done on both sides, let cool and serve with a basil branch to decorate.
Eggplant rolls are one of the most balanced and easy-to-prepare recipes with eggplants. This is what you need to make it:
- 2 eggplants cut into thin slices
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Goat cheese
- Olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- As we said at the beginning, you have to coat the eggplants in salt for 30 minutes and then rinse them.
- Next, put the eggplants in the oven already cut and seasoned with salt, pepper, and a little olive oil, since the eggplants absorb a lot of fat. When they are done, fill the slices with the tomato, the basil, and the goat cheese. Roll and fix each one with a toothpick.
- You can drizzle the rolls with olive oil and a little pepper before serving.
Eggplant with fine herbs
Eggplant with fine herbs is another of the quick and easy recipes that we can prepare with eggplant, and it is also delicious. For this recipe you need:
- Very finely chopped onion
- Aromatic plants to taste
- Olive oil and salt
Steps to follow:
- To start, peel and slice the eggplants and sprinkle them with salt. Let them sit for 5 minutes before rinsing them under running cold water.
- Then drain and put them in a refractory container, then put the onion on top, sprinkle the fine herbs, and add a little oil.
- Let all the ingredients marinate and mix well for at least 30 minutes in the fridge. After this time, we will have to heat it in a pan with a little oil.
- With the hot oil, fry everything over low heat until the eggplants are completely cooked. This recipe is perfect to accompany the main dish, such as a meat or fish fillet.
You May Like Also: