How to clean a very dirty cooktop
After several uses, the iron kitchen plates are left with food and grease remains that can only be removed with proper cleaning. We show you the best tricks to clean and maintain your dirty cooktop to make it like new.
According to the report on food consumption in the United States (2019), citizens are increasingly eating healthier by simplifying the menus at lunch and dinner. They also opt for the quickest and healthiest preparation methods, grilled, raw, or boiled foods.
Do you know the importance of cleaning a burned and dirty cooktop? And we not only mean not having to eat pieces of incinerated food in the food you cook in it, but you will protect all your diners from toxic substances for health.
Since there are a large number of kinds of cooking plates, you should know that each one has a specific use, so we teach you how to clean an electric plate in a simple and fast way. Take note of the following tricks and your cooktop will always be perfect. Here we go!
Tips for cleaning a very dirty cooktop
To maintain the cleanliness of a cooktop, it is best to clean it after each use. However, if you didn’t, don’t worry, we have a quick solution for you. To clean your kitchen cooktop with stuck food scraps you need:
- Spatula or brush to scratch
- Special laundry detergent
- A reinforced sponge
Before starting the cleaning, we recommend wearing gloves, as some chemicals used could damage the skin of your hands. Also, the cleaning process is usually done with hot water. The steps to follow are those:
- The first thing you should do is read the instruction manual to find out what temperature the iron should be at to remove food or dirt remains, as each iron has a different cleaning temperature.
- Next, turn on your dirty cooktop and wait for it to heat up.
- Then, turn off the iron and, with the help of the spatula, try to remove all the burned food remains and get rid of them.
- Mix the iron detergent with a little water in a container, moisten the brush or sponge and scrub firmly over the entire surface.
- If the fat is very encrusted, add a degreasing product and a little vinegar to the mixture and moisten the kitchen plate very well with this combination.
- Clean all the residues from the surface without accumulating too much water, especially if it is an electric iron, as you could damage it.
- Finally, rinse the electric cooktop with a damp cloth and turn it on to check that it works perfectly.
How to clean a cast-iron dirty cooktop?
These types of cooktops are usually typical of bars and restaurants, although many people also have one at home. Usually, there are special cleaners for this task, but you can opt for these simple, homemade methods.
- To clean our cooking griddle with baking soda, it must be off and cold. Then, sprinkle a reasonable amount of baking soda on its surface, also adding a little water to create a paste spice.
- Then rub this paste over the entire surface with a sponge or brush and leave for 30 minutes.
- After this time, wash the iron with water and dish soap, wiping off all the baking soda very well.
- To finish, dry the surface with a cloth and remove all traces.
Use white vinegar as a cleaning supplement alongside your trusted degreaser and follow these steps to remove rust and burnt stains from your iron:
- Put a mixture of vinegar, water, and detergent in a spray bottle and spray all over the surface of the iron.
- Let stand for 20 minutes.
- Then scrub the iron firmly with a sponge.
- Once it is well cleaned, remove the remains with a kitchen paper or a cloth.
- Add the degreaser that you use regularly to the surface of the iron along with a little water and brush to finish removing the residue.
- Rinse again with the clean cloth or paper to finish the process.
How to clean an electric iron
To clean an electric cooktop you must consult its instruction manual and take the necessary precautions not to damage it. In any case, you can choose to perform the cleaning in three different ways:
With the hot iron. This will make the process much easier and, once it is hot, we recommend pouring ice on its surface to better loosen any adhered food remains. Then remove the residue with a paper towel or cloth.
With the cold iron. If you forgot to clean the electric grill when you finish cooking, you can do it by mixing salt with a little water and sprinkling it on the surface. Afterward, clean the remains with a sponge and dry it with a kitchen towel.
If it is very dirty. If you have used these two methods but there is still a lot of fat on your electric cooktop, mix a degreasing product with a little water and lemon juice or white vinegar.
How to clean a non-stick electric griddle
These plates are very prone to scratching, so you should avoid getting cold with food scraps on the surface. However, if it has happened to you, do not worry, prepare the following articles, and discover how to clean it:
- Traditional non-scratch sponges
- Kitchen paper
- White vinegar
Mix the detergent with water in equal parts and add two tablespoons of vinegar to the mixture. Dampen the sponge with this mixture and clean the surface of the electric iron evenly. Remove the mixture and residue with kitchen paper.
However, remember to clean your electric cooktop after each use to keep it looking new. You will only have to clean its surface with an absorbent paper to remove excess fat and that your iron is in good condition the next time you go to use it. Published By HowOrWhat.com