How to become a successful businesswoman
Women around the world are moving mountains and proving that they have what it takes to be a successful businesswoman in the business world. Here are some practical tips that will help you become one of these women.
Prepare for the challenges faced by women
Learn about the lives of a successful businesswoman
Many women have successful careers, in business or other fields. Researching their backgrounds will help you find motivation and inspiration. Their stories will help you understand what success is and what the obstacles will be to overcome to achieve it.
On the Internet, you will find everything you want to know about a successful businesswoman. Check out the Forbes or Harvard Business School websites.
You could also read the biographies or memoirs of different businesswomen: this will allow you to better understand their professional lives, both good and bad.
- What are the parts of a report
- How to be a good husband and a good father
- How to know if a child has diabetes?
Successful businesswoman names
“All forward”, the memoir of Sheryl Sandberg, CEO of Facebook, is a very good example of this type of work. The author discusses subjects such as the lower positions of women in business and politics, the wage inequalities suffered by women in the world of work, and the difficulties in finding a balance between professional life and the role of mother. She encourages young women who have just graduated to “believe in themselves, roll up their sleeves, take a seat around the table, take risks, and support each other . ”
Anne-Marie Slaughter is a professor at Princeton and gained notoriety when her article “Why women still can’t have it all” was published. It was a candid description of her struggles to combine her work in the State Department under Hillary Clinton with her responsibilities as a mother of two. In the article, she positions herself for a change in social policies and for adapting careers to women’s choices, rather than expecting women to wear themselves out by complying with the current rules of the world of work. .
Former Secretary of State in the United States and potential 2016 presidential candidate, Hillary Clinton has long been a great advocate for women’s rights. Among other things, she defends the need to extend parental and medical leave to encourage women to pursue careers in the fields of math or science. She said “we need to empower women to participate fully in our economy and our society. We must make equal pay for women and men a reality . ”
Research successful businesswoman in your field
Whatever your field, women have paved the way for others. By learning about the women who have had successful careers in your field, you can determine the path to take and the obstacles to overcome to reach your goal.
- Find out about the schools these women attended, the internships they did, their experiences abroad, their first jobs, and any other career information.
- Find out what these women have done to advance in their careers and use this knowledge to advance in your own professional life.
Consider entering an area where women are not very present
Historically, women have been poorly represented in the fields of science, engineering, technology, mathematics, and computer science. By choosing to pursue a career in one of these fields, you may receive benefits intended to encourage women to enter these disciplines, such as a scholarship or other program.
Figure out how to balance work and family life
One of the biggest worries of working women is finding a balance between work and family life. Women are generally of childbearing age just as they advance in their careers and climb the corporate ladder.
- Studies have shown that most women leave their jobs because they cannot take care of their children enough or because the climate in their work environment is hostile to the demands of motherhood .
- The best way to achieve a balance between work and family is to work for a company that offers a combination of parent-friendly policies, such as easier maternity leave, a company crèche, a flexible schedule, a mutual fund for all. family or paternity leave.
Overcome salary differences to become a successful businesswoman
Even though fantastic progress has been made in terms of the number of working women and those in managerial positions, there is still a long way to go, particularly about equal pay between men and women. The frustrating truth is that women are paid significantly less than men for the same work. And while the level of education or the decision to have a child can affect the amount of the salary, the main problem is that women constantly underestimate themselves and therefore fail to negotiate a higher salary with their employers [5 ]. To overcome wage inequalities, do the following.
- Do some research. Find out what people (men and women) with the same skills as you and in a similar position earn.
- Learn to negotiate. Once you know your value, learn to sell your skills and know-how. Never present yourself as less competent than you are. Never offer a salary amount first, or if asked, present a range.
- Never immediately accept an offer. See the first number offered to you as an “initial offer” and continue to negotiate if you feel undervalued.
- Understand that you have the right to ask for a raise. If you already have a job and feel that your work is not being paid for its fair value, or you find that a coworker is paid more than you for the same job, don’t be afraid to ask for a raise. Just be sure to prepare your arguments: do your research and educate yourself on the salaries offered for the position you hold, within your company as well as with competitors. Prepare to talk about what you bring to the business and in particular your recent successes and the issues you have resolved. Highlight the positive remarks of other members of your team towards you .
Be sure of yourself to become a successful businesswoman
Having confidence in yourself and your abilities is essential for success in your professional life. People will perceive you as you perceive yourself. If you dismiss insurance, people will see you as a competent person.
- It is natural to doubt yourself, but don’t be overwhelmed by doubts. Remember that you are where you are because you are good at what you do.
- Project confidence through your body language. To do this, stand up straight and keep your head up. Greet people with a firm handshake and a smile. Most importantly, make eye contact with the person you’re talking to. Try not to look away when you meet his: by supporting his gaze, you will appear as a confident person. If you must address a room full of people, try to hold each person’s gaze for at least a second or two.
- If you’re having a bad day and your self-confidence is compromised, try to reassure yourself by using positive affirmations. This might sound silly to you, but try looking at yourself in the mirror and saying to yourself “I’m good at what I do” or “I’m determined to get to the top”: it will be easier for you to regain your confidence and motivation.
Be determined to become a successful businesswoman
One of the recurring stereotypes about women in business is that they are weak and emotional. The best way to destroy these stereotypes is to act against them. To earn respect as a businesswoman, it is essential that you are determined.
- You will be able to communicate your determination through words and actions: have confidence in your decisions and do not constantly question yourself. Speak with authority, clearly and confidently, and people will have no doubts as to the merits of your decisions.
- In the face of criticism, try to stay as rational and collected as possible. Take the remark into account and decide if it is constructive or if it deserves to be forgotten. Whatever your choice, do not let a critical trigger in a series of doubts about your skills .
Know how to deal with criticism to become a successful businesswoman
The ability to take criticism and learn from it is a very important aspect of success. However, there is a big difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism. You will need to learn to recognize and deal with both types of criticism.
- Destructive criticism is a comment or accusation meant to hurt your self-esteem. It is not meant to help you improve, for example when a coworker says “how can you be so dumb?” “Or” what got into you? “. The best way to deal with these kinds of criticisms is to simply ignore them.
- Constructive criticism, on the contrary, is usually motivated by good intentions. It aims to help you and is only positive, for example when someone says to you: “Thank you for your report. It was a big job, but your research would have been better if it had been backed up by statistics. The best way to deal with this kind of criticism is to thank the person offering their advice and use their feedback to improve your work in the future.
- How to get a verification badge on TikTok
- How to remove bad smell from the sink naturally
- How to make homemade sugar-free gummies
Move towards success
Find your passion in life and follow it
To reach the top, you will need to be passionate about what you are doing. Think about it: it is much easier to motivate yourself to work hard when you get excited about what you are doing.
- The road to success will be long and punctuated with ups and downs. Working for something you are passionate about will give you strength during tough times and more satisfaction during good times.
- If you are not sure what you are passionate about, make an appointment with a professional coach or a good psychologist, who can help you identify your strengths and weaknesses and gain a clearer vision of your life goals.
- Remember, not everyone has a pre-existing passion and you may need some time to find your own. It is also possible that you will become passionate about your job, working hard at it, and getting involved in what you do.
Be organized to become a successful businesswoman
Success is the result of both everyday actions and long-term organization. Being well organized will help you take control of your time and thus be able to accomplish your tasks and achieve your goals.
- Focus on what’s important. Remember your goals over time and revisit them when necessary.
- Learn to set priorities for yourself. Decide what goals for your day each day, then prioritize them.
- Complete one task before starting another. The multitasking (multitasking) is overrated. Focus completely on every task you do, whether it’s answering emails or filling out forms. This will reduce your chances of making mistakes or forgetting something important.
Expand your network to become a successful businesswoman
Networking is central to a successful career. You will then have to make relationships and build lasting and mutually beneficial relationships with other professionals. You will be kept informed of interesting professional possibilities, developments in your field of activity, and can even discover the solution to a problem you encounter at work.
- To make connections, you will need to know how to communicate, whether by phone, in interviews, by letter, or through professional social networks.
- Once you have established contact with a person, it is important to make efforts to develop the relationship, to keep in touch with them, and to provide them with any services they may need. You never know when this person could help you in your career!
- One of the best ways to expand your network is to have informal talks. This type of interview involves meeting informally with an older colleague or other more experienced professionals, over lunch or coffee, to ask questions, listen to their advice, and create a professional relationship. quality. Once the meeting is over, thank the person for their time, ask for their business card, and try to keep in touch.
- Remember that even if you work very hard, if you are not aware of the opportunities that exist, you will not be able to take your chance. People in your network will present you with career options, now and throughout your career.
Be creative to become a successful businesswoman
The term “creativity” is used over and over again in the professional world. Employees need to be “creative” and come up with “creative solutions” to the challenges they face at work. But what does being creative mean? Essentially, it’s about knowing how to use your whole brain: the imagination and intuition generated by the right side of the brain, as well as the logic, strategic thinking, and critical analysis that originate on the left side. You will need to be able to come up with innovative and effective ways to solve the problems you face and see the world from a unique perspective.
- When you have a problem at work, take a piece of paper, start thinking about possible solutions, and jot down whatever comes to mind. Try to free your mind from the chains of reality and convenience. Let your brain think freely and make associations that you don’t normally allow. To be creative you will need to know how to think differently.
- Make your work more fun. When preparing reports, use images and colors. Also, stimulate your creativity with toys and other accessories. Give your presentation from the back of the room. To be creative, free yourself from conventions.
Get a good education to become a successful businesswoman
Studying at a good university will help you achieve your goals. By pursuing higher education, you prove that you are eager to learn and apply the acquired ideas, theories, and formulas to achieve your goals.
- By studying at a good school, you will gather the knowledge and skills necessary for a successful career and place yourself in competition for the best jobs in the market. The most prestigious positions will only accept applicants from the best schools.
- By studying at a good school, you will also have the opportunity to make contacts and interact with people in your field.
Be prepared to learn to become a successful businesswoman
Don’t be afraid to admit that you don’t know everything. You must know what your weaknesses are and to constantly strive to improve yourself. Even when you are confident in your abilities, always strive to become better.
- Learn as much as you can from the people around you, read books on the topics that interest you, and attend workshops to develop your skills.
- Find a mentor. A mentor is a person, usually more experienced, who knows your field of activity, offers advice, and helps you advance in your career.
Be prepared to work hard to become a successful businesswoman
No matter how many opportunities you come across, your level of experience, and the quality of your education, to be a successful businesswoman you will need to work hard above all else. No one gets to the top without working hard for the long haul and making sacrifices. And when you struggle to move forward, remember that the payoffs will be equal to your effort.
- Stay away from distractions. It is difficult to concentrate on your work 100% of your time. But when you’re looking to get to the top, you must limit distractions as much as possible. You will of course need to make time for yourself now and then, but when you are at work, do your best to be fully focused and efficient.
- Surround yourself with bright and motivated people. By surrounding yourself with people who share your mindset, you will be forced to hold yourself to very high standards and work very hard to stand out from the crowd.
Persevere to become a successful businesswoman
To be a successful businesswoman, you will need to persevere. You will have to fall, get up, and continue on your way. Success is earned: be determined!
- Don’t fear failure. By helping you learn from your mistakes, failure can be positive.
- If you start to feel demoralized, think about how much you’ve already accomplished, and how far you’ve come. Tell yourself that your greatest achievement could be just around the corner!
Be courageous to become a successful businesswoman
To be a successful businesswoman, you will need to constantly challenge yourself, take risks, and pursue your goals without letting yourself be overcome by fear. Each success will fuel your confidence and encourage you to work harder. And even when things don’t go as planned, remember that it’s not the end of the world and next time you will do better. Be strong, be sure of yourself and you will soon reap the rewards of your labor.