Do protein shakes make you fat? :
Many people start playing sports and dieting to lose weight. Others do it to increase muscle mass and get the body they want. Any reason is good to eat well and exercise, but sometimes mistakes are made in both directions due to ignorance, despair, and not having a specific goal defined.
Protein shakes are excellent food supplements so you can build your muscles and meet your daily protein needs. However, the diet you have to achieve this goal, and these shakes can help you gain weight to have more muscle mass or to lose weight. To find out if protein shakes make you fat or help you lose weight and how to take them, at howORWHAT we recommend that you continue reading this article.
Do protein shakes make you fat or slim?
No food makes you fat or thin simply by eating it, so protein shakes do not have this quality either. They are a good nutritional supplement, but what makes you fat is a diet in which the calories you consume are higher than those you burn.
Other factors such as lack of rest and a sedentary life also contribute to weight gain. By contrast, a diet in which the calories consumed are lower than those burned by exercising and a good rest facilitates weight loss. Therefore, protein shakes help to gain weight, increase muscle mass, and lose weight, as they complement the daily dose of nutrients you need and will help you in one way or another depending on the rest of the food you eat and the exercise you do or the calorie expenditure you have.
There is no other explanation for gaining or losing weight. From 250 to 300 are the calories of the protein shake: well integrated into the diet, it will help you to have a better sports performance and lose weight.
How to make a protein shake to increase muscle mass
The confusion may question what protein shakes are for since some help to gain muscle mass and others to lose weight, especially depending on the lifestyle you have at the level of exercise. In the case of those that contribute to building muscles, there are many types and different flavors: at howorwhat.com, we help you make a protein shake to increase muscles with chocolate and almonds using the following instructions.
- In a blender, pour 1 cup of lactose-free milk, half of an almond and chocolate brownie (or a chocolate brownie, better if it is homemade, and a tablespoon of almonds) and chocolate-flavored protein (between 20 and 30 grams, depending on your weight).
- Cover the mixer and beat all the ingredients for a few minutes.
- Try to get a homogeneous liquid and you can drink it comfortably.
Although you can take the shake at different times, the idea is to do it about an hour before the exercise session to burn all its calories and obtain the benefits it contains for the muscles.
How to make a protein shake to lose weight?
Don’t you know how to take protein to lose weight? Do not worry. This is not a legend: you need to know the right ingredients to make it without turning it into a calorie bomb. At howorwhat.com we help you to achieve this by offering you a tasty protein shake with red fruits. To do this, you will need:
- Protein flavored with vanilla or another flavor that you like combined with the rest of the ingredients (1 tablespoon).
- Blueberries (1 cup).
- Raspberries (2 cups).
- Lemon, grapefruit, or orange juice. Instead of juice, you can use milk, but it must be skimmed.
Follow these steps to make the smoothie:
- Wash and cut the fruit into small pieces and put them in a blender.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and turn on the blender to blend them.
- Keep the blender running until you get a homogeneous and pleasant texture for the palate.
This protein shake with berries can be a great option for any breakfast and is low in calories due to its high fruit content. On very hot days, add ice to the shake to make it colder and a refreshing drink.
Other questions about taking protein shake
After solving the big question about whether protein shakes make you fat or lose weight, or rather how to take them according to both objectives, at howorwhat.com we want to clarify more questions you may have about these nutritional supplements:
- Does protein make you fat if you don’t exercise? No. As stated above, protein alone does not make you fat or lose weight. Of course, in case of consuming it in higher doses than your body needs and together with an unbalanced diet, it does contribute to weight gain.
- Can I always have protein shakes? It is not advisable to take these supplements very often. They will only be necessary for stages of great physical demand and to achieve good muscular development.
- Can protein shakes replace meals? Absolutely. It is a nutritional supplement, so it is an additive, but in no case should they be made to be taken instead of a meal.
- If I eat more protein, will I gain muscle mass sooner? Unlike. If you eat more grams of protein than your body needs, you will only gain weight because you will skyrocket your calorie intake. The development of muscles is achieved with a good diet and sports, so do not try to speed up the process in this way.