Chia water is a vegetable drink with a simple preparation that allows simulating the functioning of the immune system from its vitamin C content, among other functions. Find out more here.
Vegetable drinks have become fashionable and there is little doubt about that. Many of them offer several health benefits, so including them in your regular diet can be positive. Others, however, have a high amount of added sugars that tarnish their properties. Next, we will talk about chia water.
Have you ever eaten chia seeds? This food contains omega 3 fatty acids in its composition, so it is good for the cardiovascular system. At the same time, it highlights its protein content, which makes it an important ingredient to complete the daily requirements.
What is chia water?
Chia water is a very refreshing drink that is obtained from immersing the seed in liquid. It promises several health benefits that we will decipher in this article.
Its preparation is simple and we will also see it later in detail. It began to be elaborated to increase satiety before meals, but little by little other characteristics were attributed to it that attracted attention.
Currently, many diet plans are committed to the consumption of chia water daily, since this could improve health and contribute to weight loss. By itself, the seed is not magic, so its use should be understood within the framework of other more general and goal-oriented measures that we have.
Nutritional properties of chia water
Reviewing the nutritional properties of chia water, the first thing that stands out is its fiber content. This substance is capable of generating a feeling of satiety, according to research published in the European Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
In this way, including this drink in the diet may be able to reduce the risk of snacking between meals. This has been the original use of the liquid, thought as a tool for weight loss.
At the same time, chia water contains a large number of antioxidants. These nutrients have proven to be essential to prevent chronic and aging-related pathologies. Many of the antioxidants are water-soluble, so they will go from chia to water and can be ingested through it.
Finally, it should be mentioned that water chia also provides vitamin C. This micronutrient is essential when it comes to stimulating collagen synthesis, this being one of the majority proteins in the body.
At the same time, there is scientific evidence that vitamin C guarantees the proper functioning of the immune system. Again, we must understand this in the context of a complex metabolism, so the substance does not by itself prevent disease, but rather contributes to the function of white blood cells.
Read Also: What are the health benefits of honey?
How to make chia water?
To make chia water it is only necessary to follow the steps of a simple recipe. The ingredients will be the following:
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds.
- The juice of 2 lemons.
- 2 tablespoons of sweetener.
- 1 liter of water.
Preparation is slow, but not complicated:
- The first thing to do is to hydrate the chia seeds in a cup of water for at least an hour, stirring from time to time.
- At the same time, a mixture consisting of the lemon juice, the sweetener, and the excess water is prepared in a container, obtaining a lemonade.
- By the time the chia seeds have increased in size, it is necessary to mix both preparations and leave it for a few hours in the fridge.
- It will be important to serve the chia water very cold, stirring it to distribute the seeds in the different glasses. It is important not to discard them, since otherwise, we will lose nutrients.
Chia water benefits and possible adverse effects
Considering its nutritional properties, we can affirm that chia water is useful for the following:
- Help you lose weight: by stimulating the feeling of satiety, a brain message is established that stops hunger. This interpretation comes from the intestine that is distended and indicates that it is not necessary to add more food.
- Prevent pathologies associated with aging: the process of degeneration of body substances and cells is due, in large part, to the effect of free radicals, which can be blocked with antioxidants. Chia participates in the process, stopping degenerations so that aging is less abrupt.
- Ensuring the proper functioning of the immune system: the defense system depends on multiple factors and is intricate. In part, micronutrients are essential for white blood cells to work.
At the moment, there have been no adverse effects of chia water. Its consumption is safe, although it is not advisable to exceed a single daily use because excess fiber is not beneficial for all organisms, since in certain people it causes intestinal pain and bacterial flora overgrowth.
Read Also: What are the health benefits of white onion?
Chia water, a good dietary supplement
When planning a diet, it is important to pay attention to supplements. Chia water may be one of them, as it has known benefits. However, its intake will only be positive if it is introduced in the context of a balanced diet. Otherwise, none of the effects discussed will be experienced.
Although its preparation takes a few hours, chia water has a simple recipe. There are a few steps to follow and the necessary ingredients. Besides, it is capable of exerting a beneficial effect when it comes to stimulating satiety.
It should be noted that it does not have sugar in its composition, which reduces the risk of developing metabolic pathologies from excessive consumption of carbohydrates. So don’t hesitate and start including it in your diet to take advantage of its nutritional properties.