How to use apple cider vinegar for your feet:
The apple cider vinegar is a versatile ingredient that surely will be used / aa be used for cooking or to carry out cleaning chores. However, apple cider vinegar has many other applications and is also especially used in multiple beauty and health treatments.
Today, from www.howorwhat.com, we want to invite you to discover the benefits that apple cider vinegar can provide for your feet. Did you know that the simple act of soaking your feet in vinegar for 15 minutes can remedy problems such as inflammation, fatigue, and bad odor? If you want to know more, don’t miss the following article, as we explain how to use apple cider vinegar for your feet and how to get the most out of each of its properties. Take note!
You May Be Interested in: What are the health benefits of Apple cider vinegar?
Benefits of apple cider vinegar for your feet
Apple cider vinegar is a product of the fermentation of sugars in apple juice or cider, but … why has this product been used for so many years to treat foot problems? To answer this question we must talk about its high content of acetic acid, a substance known for its great antimicrobial properties.
Although there are no complete scientific studies that demonstrate the effectiveness of apple cider vinegar for your feet, throughout history, the anti-inflammatory, antifungal, and antibacterial properties of this product have been proven, making it one of the most effective natural remedies to treat problems In the feet. Do you want to learn how to use apple cider vinegar for your feet depending on the problem you want to treat? Keep reading!
Reduces inflammation and relieves pain
Have you heard of water with salt and vinegar to reduce inflammation? As we have already advanced, apple cider vinegar has excellent anti-inflammatory properties that are ideal for ending foot swelling and pain from day to day.
But why do we recommend adding salt? Saltwater for the feet is a perfect ancient remedy to regulate blood circulation and relieve muscle tension, as salt also has excellent anti-inflammatory properties. We explain how to use both ingredients to achieve an effective and natural home remedy:
- Fill a bucket big enough for your feet with warm water.
- Add half a cup of apple cider vinegar and half a cup of sea salt.
- We recommend that you also add half a cup of Epsom salts to relieve muscle pain.
- Soak your feet for 15 minutes and let them rest.
Eliminate and prevent foot fungus
If you are looking for a home remedy for foot fungus, apple cider vinegar can become your best ally. In this case, it is worth mentioning the antifungal properties of this product, which will balance the pH of the skin and nails and keep bacteria and fungi at bay. If you want to use apple cider vinegar for foot fungus, follow these steps:
- Make a mixture with two glasses of water and a glass of apple cider vinegar.
- Add the juice of two lemons to the mixture, a perfect ingredient to prevent the reproduction of spores, that is, of the cells that produce fungi.
- Also add half a cup of rosemary leaves, a plant full of antifungal and antiseptic properties.
- Wash your feet with this mixture for about 10 minutes.
If you wonder what are some home remedies for fungal nails, you should know that this mixture will also be very useful, only that instead of focusing the cleaning on the soles of your feet or between the toes, you will have to focus more on the affected nails.
Treats and prevents athlete’s foot
Athlete’s foot is an infection caused by the same type of fungus that causes ringworm and jock itch. It usually appears between the toes or on the sides of the sole and is usually more common among people who wear closed shoes for long periods, since it creates a warm and humid environment conducive to the appearance of these fungi. Its contagion is also common when walking barefoot in public showers, swimming pools, or changing rooms.
From www.howorwhat.com we provide you with a home remedy for foot fungus that will help you treat the discomfort of athlete’s foot (itching, dryness, flaking, etc.)
- Prepare a basin with warm water and add 3 large cups of apple cider vinegar.
- Clean your feet well with soap and water and, when finished, pat yourself dry with a towel. Make sure you put the towel to wash so you don’t infect other parts of your body.
- Soak your feet in the basin. If you feel a lot of stings, add a little more water to the mixture.
- After 20 minutes, remove the feet from the bowl and dry them well.
You can carry out this treatment for 10 days until you see improvements, but do not forget to use a moisturizer when you finish reducing the effects of the acid in the vinegar.
Improves the appearance and health of the feet
Did you know that apple cider vinegar can also help you look more beautiful feet? As we have progressed, apple cider vinegar is ideal for balancing the natural pH of the skin, but, also, it is a product that has great antioxidant properties, perfect to combat the signs of aging.
Its high content of alpha-hydroxy acids (AHAs) helps remove dead skin cells and regain that smooth and healthy appearance. So soaking your feet in a mixture of equal parts warm water and apple cider vinegar for 15 minutes can help you improve the appearance of your feet significantly.
Relieves itchy feet
If you do sports you will often be familiar with that annoying itchy foot that appears after a training session. This itch is also common after wearing new or closed shoes, as it can cause friction or even hives.
For these cases, soaking your feet with a mixture of water and apple cider vinegar is also the ideal solution, since this ingredient regulates blood circulation and reduces itching and itching. To get rid of these discomforts, soak your feet for 10-15 minutes, and dry them well when you’re done.
Eliminate foot odor
When sweat comes into contact with bacteria on the skin, there are cases where a very unpleasant stench is produced. The antimicrobial powers of apple cider vinegar allow eliminating foot odor naturally and easily since most bacteria only survive in alkaline environments and die when they come into contact with the acetic acid in vinegar.
- If you want to use the vinegar for the bad smell of feet, soak them in a basin with apple cider vinegar and water in equal parts.
- We recommend adding two tablespoons of salt (if possible Epsom salts).
- Finally, add a few drops of the essential oil of your choice to the mixture. Thyme, for example, will help neutralize the smell of vinegar and make your feet soft.
- Let the feet soak for 20 minutes and, when removing them, dry the feet. You can add talcum powder so that they finish drying completely and the humidity does not cause more fungus to grow.
You must bear in mind that apple cider vinegar is not a miracle remedy, so it will not work if the bad smell of feet is caused by nutritional, hormonal, or infection problems. In these cases, the best you can do is treat the root problem, since foot odor is only one of the many consequences. So, see a doctor so that she can offer you the best treatment.
The time has come to talk about apple cider vinegar for foot warts, one of the oldest and most popular remedies. Plantar warts are usually caused by viral infections and can be spread from one person to another through skin contact. With this in mind, it is not surprising that the antimicrobial properties of apple cider vinegar have proven to be very valuable in treating and preventing these bumps on the skin.
If you wonder how to use apple cider vinegar for warts on the feet, you have to know that it is best to use this ingredient directly on the wart and leave it on for approximately 15 minutes. After this time, clean the wart with plenty of warm water. You can perform this cleaning daily until you see good results
Feet soft and free of dryness
If you have corns or calluses on your feet, or they are very dry, apple cider vinegar can also help you start a treatment to show off softer and more attractive feet. Follow these steps:
- Mix warm water and apple cider vinegar in equal parts.
- Let your feet soak for approximately 30 minutes.
- After this time, gently rub a pumice stone over the heel and soles of your feet to remove dead skin from the feet.
- Run a brush across the top of the foot, as it is a more delicate area.
- Once the ritual is finished, massage your feet well with moisturizer to offer them the necessary nutrition and softness.
Contraindications of apple cider vinegar
You already know what are the benefits of apple cider vinegar for your feet, however, there are some questions that you should take into account before using the mentioned treatments. Apple cider vinegar is a very effective natural home treatment that, however, should be used in moderate amounts and with caution.
Besides, the use of apple cider vinegar to treat wounds is strongly discouraged, as it could cause irritation on the skin and aggravate the problem.
Finally, we recommend that both before and after using any home remedy based on apple cider vinegar you wash your feet well with natural and mild soap and dry them carefully to avoid moisture on the skin and, consequently, the possible appearance of mushrooms.
This article is merely informative, at www.howorwhat.com we do not have the power to prescribe any medical treatment or make any type of diagnosis. We invite you to see a doctor in the case of presenting any type of condition or discomfort.