If your health care provider recommends you, there are certain ways to lose weight fast. A continuous weight loss of 2 to 3 pounds per week is recommended for the most persuasive long term weight management.
Many eating plans leave you unsatisfied or feeling hungry. These are bigger reasons why you might find it difficult to stick to a healthier eating plan.
However, not all of the diets have such effects. Lower calorie diets, whole food, and low carb diets are effective for weight loss fast and may be easier to stick to than other diets.
Here are some methods to lose weight fast that employ potentially lower carbs, healthy eating, and that aim to:
- Decrease appetite
- Develop your metabolic health
- Cause fast weight loss
How to lose weight fast?
1: Cut back on refined carbs to lose weight fast
One way to lose weight fast is to cut back on starches, carbohydrates, and sugars. This could be by reducing refined carbs or with a low carb eating plan and replacing them with whole grains.
By doing this, your hunger levels will go down and you will end up eating a small portion of calories.
By restricting a low carb eating plan you will make use of burning stored fat for energy instead of carbs.
We recommend you to eat more complex carbs like whole grains with a calorie deficit, you will advantage from higher fiber and digest them more slowly. This makes them more filling to keep you filled.
According to a study published in BMC in 2020, confirmed that a very low carb diet was advantageous for losing weight in the older population.
Another research published in Wiley Online Library shows, that a low carb diet can lessen appetite, which may lead to feeling hungry or eating fewer calories without thinking about it.
Keep in mind that the long term effects of a low carbohydrate diet are still being researched. It can also be hard to follow a low carb diet, which may lead to yo-yo dieting and less favorable outcome in maintaining a healthy weight.
There are potential disadvantages to a low carbohydrate diet that may lead you to a different method.
Reduced calorie diets can usually pint to weight loss and are easier to manage for longer periods of time.
If you adopt for a diet directing instead of whole-grain over refined carbs, a study published in the national center for biotechnology information (NCBI) compared high whole grain with lower body mass index or BMI.
- Reducing starches, carbs, or sugars from your diet can help lower your insulin levels, control your appetite, and make you lose weight fast.
- But still, the long term effects of a low carb diet are not known. A shortened calorie diet could be more tenable.
2: Eat vegetables, protein, and fat
All of your meals should include:
- Fat source
- A small portion of complex carbohydrates (whole grains)
- A protein source
Consuming a recommended amount of protein is important to help preserve your muscle mass and health while losing weight fast.
Now we will tell you to regulate how much you need to eat without eating too much. Many aspects determine your specific needs but usually, an average person needs:
- For average male: 56-91 grams per day
- For average female: 46-75 grams per day
Diets with enough protein can also help:
- Reduce obsessive thoughts and carvings about food by 60%
- Reduce the hunger to snack late at night by half
- Make you feel full
According to a study published on NCBI, people on a higher protein diet ate 441 fewer calories per day.
Healthy protein sources include:
Plant-based proteins: tofu, beans, tempeh, quinoa, and legumes
Egg: Whole eggs with the yolk
Fish and seafood: shrimp, trout, and salmon
Meat: lamb, pork, chicken, and beef
Low carb and leafy green vegetables
Do not be fearful to load your plate with leafy green vegetables. These leafy green vegetables are full of nutrients, and you can eat very large amounts without increasing carbs and calories.
Vegetables to include for low calorie or low carb eating plans:
- Swiss chard
- Brussels sprouts
Do not be fearful of eating fats.
No matter what eating plans you are following but still your body requires healthy fats. Avocado oil and olive oil are great choices for including in your eating plan.
Other fats such as coconut oil and butter should be used only in moderation due to their higher saturated fat content. (4)
- Assemble each meal out of vegetables, protein source, complex carb, and healthy fat source.
- Leafy green vegetables are an important source to expand a meal with lots of nutrients and low calories.
3: Move your body
Exercises are not required to lose weight but can help you to lose weight fast and more quickly. It is beneficial to lift weights.
By lifting weights, you will prevent your metabolism from slowing down and burn lots of calories as well, which is a usual side effect of losing weight.
We recommend you go to the gym 3 to 4 times a week for lifting weights. Ask a trainer for advice if you are new to the gym. But don’t forget to take advice or discuss with your doctor about any of your new exercise plans.
If lifting weights is not an alternative for you, doing some cardio workouts such as swimming, jogging, cycling, walking, or running is very beneficial for weight loss and general health.
Both weightlifting and cardio can help with weight loss fast.
- Weightlifting is a great idea for losing weight. If you don’t want to adopt that option them cardio workouts are also effective.
- Choose what you like or what is sustainable for you.
What about portion and calories control?
It is not necessary to count calories if you opt for a low carb eating plan as long as you keep your carb intake very low and stick to low carb vegetables, protein, and fat.
If still you are not losing weight then you may want to keep track of your calories to see if that is a contributing factor.
Keep in mind that eating too few calories can be less effective and dangerous for losing weight fast. Set a goal to reduce your calories by a healthy and sustainable amount based on your doctor’s recommendation.
- On a low carb eating plan, it is not a necessity to count calories. But if you are on a reduced-calorie eating plan or not losing weight, then calorie counting may help you.
Tips to lose weight fast
- Eat a high protein breakfast: Eating a high protein breakfast could assist you to reduce cravings and calorie intake during the whole of the day.
- Avoid fruit juice and sugary drinks: Empty calories from sugar are not beneficial to your body and can slow down weight loss ( 5 )
- Drink water before meals: According to a study published in NCBI, drinking water before meals may be effective in weight management and reduced calorie intake as well.
- Choose weight loss-friendly foods: Some foods are better than others for losing weight such as whole eggs, leafy green vegetables, salmon, cruciferous vegetables, boiled potatoes, lean meat or chicken, tuna, soups, and avocados.
- Eat soluble fiber: Some modern studies show that soluble fibers help in losing weight. Fiber supplements such as glucomannan help to reduce weight. (6)
- Drink tea or coffee: Tea and coffee contain caffeine and this ingredient can boost your metabolism.
- Eat slowly: Eating quickly or fast can lead to a jump in weight gain while eating slowly boosts weight-reducing hormones and makes you feel full.
- Quality sleep: Poor sleep can lead to weight gain so get good quality sleep because this will help you to reduce weight.
- Eating soluble fiber, higher protein, whole foods, and less sugar can help you lose more weight. Do not forget to get a quality good sleep too.
Sample meal ideas for fast weight loss
Below we will share some sample meal plans which are low carb and limit carbs to 20-50 carbs/day. Each meal should have veggies, healthy fats, and proteins.
Add some healthy whole grains to your diet if you had preferred to lose weight while still eating complex carbs.
- Whole wheat
- Whole oats
Breakfast ideas to lose weight fast
- Poached egg with a slide of berries and sliced avocado
- Feta crustless quiche, mushroom and spinach
- Green smoothie with a side of cottage cheese, nut milk, avocado, and spinach
- Almonds and berries with unsweetened Greek yogurt
Lunch ideas to lose weight
- A side of asparagus with avocado and smoked salmon
- Lettuce wrap with red pepper, black beans, grilled chicken, and salsa
- Spinach and kale salad with guacamole, chickpeas, and grilled tofu
- BLT wrap with peanut butter and celery sticks
Dinner ideas to lose weight fast
- Salmon baked with roasted zucchini, sesame oil, and ginger
- Roasted cauliflower with pine nuts, brussels sprouts, and tempeh
- Enchilada salad with avocado, mango, peppers, chicken, and spices
- Antipasto Salad with cucumbers, asparagus, white beans, parmesan, and olive oil
- Ground turkey bake with cheese, peppers, onions, and mushrooms
- Veggies and cauliflower hummus
- Brie and strawberries
- Steamed edamame
- Healthy homemade trail mix with dried fruit and nuts
- Tuna pouches
- Kale chips
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Flaxseeds with cinnamon and cottage cheese
- Roasted spicy chickpeas
How fast will you lose weight?
It is just an estimate but you may lose 6-12 pounds ( 3 to 5 kg) of weight – sometimes maybe more than that- in the first week of a diet plan and then lose weight frequently after that. This first week is typically a loss of both water weight and body fat.
Weight loss may occur more quickly if you are a newbie to dieting. The more weight you have to reduce the faster you will lose it.
Losing 2-3 pounds per week is normally a safe amount unless your health care provider suggests something else. Talk to your doctor if you are trying to lose weight faster than that.
- Significant weight can be lost on a low calorie or low carbohydrate diet, but the speed depends on the individual.
- Weight loss can improve your health as well, such as cholesterol levels and blood sugar levels.
The bottom line
By replacing refined carbs or reducing carbs with complex carbs you will likely experience reduced hunger and appetite.
With a sustainable low calorie or low carbohydrate eating plan, you can consume healthy food until you are full and still lose a decent amount of fat. Published by howorwhat.com